Thursday 29 May 2014

Ground very wet







These pictures show the border where I had some leylandi trees.  I dug up the roots and roughly dug the ground, set some daffodil bulbs covered the ground with weed suppressant  and finally covered it all with shingle. I am pleased with the end result. The first photo shows the big leylandi tree which the young man and I cut a lot of the branches off because it was encroaching on my property. The guy next door told me he didn't have time to cut the large branch down. Now I have the fence erected it will not be possible to cut the large branch down without doing damage to  my fence.
 I had forgotten to have these on my blog. It was the young man who lived next door. I haven't seen him for about 6 days and he shouted out to me saying that we had to paint the fence. I then informed him that I had roughly done it because it had forecast dreadful weather with persistent heavy rain for 2 days. I wish it was only 2 days.
He then told me about his vegetable seeds which I gave him so I said I would go and have a look. Off we went round, I was amazed just how wet the lawn was next door. It was standing in water in many areas. I just thought it was my garden that would be like that.
 Anyway I was pleasantly surprised because he had a few radish ready in the greenhouse but outside his carrots were much better than mine and I told him so.
 I had taken a few photos of the wet ground and the damage the winds had done to my broad beans. I will post them on my next blog.
Today has been drier with much of the morning being wet but with drizzle. We have not seen the sun for 3 days and tomorrow talks of it being an improving day but the week end and into next week is supposed to be similar to this week. Roll on around the Summer Equinox when hopefully the wind will move from the easterly direction.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment