Monday 2 June 2014

As expected

 The broad beans severely damaged by the recent heavy rains and strong winds. Hopefully I will get some beans off them but certainly not as many as I would normally get.



these next photos show just how 3 days of constant rain have waterlogged many parts of my garden. The most worrying is the two photos showing my potatoes standing in water. This is very bad news for they will soon rot if the water doesn't disperse very very soon.
 Unfortunately, as expected most of my new potatoes have been ruined. I noticed this morning that the tops had gone yellow so I tried to lift the tubers up. I knew that this was too soon to get a decent crop but as soon as I lifted the first one I saw that the potatoes had  rotted and  gone rotten and were  completely ruined. I only hope that other places fared much better than us on the East Coast, we certainly have had more than our fair share of rain. Unfortunately the forecast for the coming days is not promising.
 I have had some produce out of my polytunnel. I have had some strawberries and also a few boiling's of peas. I have taken a couple of photos so will post them.
 The young man came round to see me from next door, he hadn't seen the growth of my tomatoes and other produce in a week and was surprised with the difference.
 He had asked me about the man next door and I showed him what they had done. With that the couple next door appeared, we had several minutes talking together. He told me that a couple who visited me when I was in business was asking about me. He then told me one of their names. By some sort of miracle I did remember them. Mind you it was 1997 when I finished work. Actually they were a nice couple, they came to see me regular.
 While we were talking I asked if he could give me about 1/2 a bucket of cement which he duly gave me. Now I am more or less ready to have my clothes post concreted in. It is planned for Friday as this is when my mate will come to see  me. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment