Wednesday 4 June 2014

More disappointment



As I said the other day I would post these photos of produce out of my polytunnel. I have managed to freeze well over 1lb or 500 grammes for those who don't understand the old weights. I am pleased with the strawberries and must not grumble with the peas I have picked. I think I have, or will have by the time I have finished them, 6 meals of fresh peas. The trouble I have had this year is the amount of greenfly, I just can't seem to get control of these pests. I have, this morning while it was raining heavily picked the last of the peas and pulled the all of the pea haulms up so that I can set something else in their place. Before that I did give the ground a full watering. As it is completely covered no rain can enter the polytunnel.
I did manage to put about 12 gallons on the ground, dug it over and raked it so that it is now ready for what ever I wish to plant or sow.
 No sooner had I walked into my home when the phone rang. It was my mate, I asked him if he had rung up before because I had been in the garden. He told me it was the first time, remarked on the dreadful weather and I remarked that I had more potatoes rotted in the ground. I then stupidly informed him that although it was still raining it had turned very light. We talked for another 20 minutes or so then I told him I would look forward to seeing him on Friday.
 Within 30 minutes of our conversation the heavens once more opened up and this lasted for about 3 hours. Once more my garden is flooded. The good news is that it MAY stay mainly dry for the next couple of days. Let us hope so because my mate is coming to fix my clothes posts.
 Finally for now, I am beginning to get forgetful. The latest thing I forgot was to put my domestic waste out for the refuse men to collect. As my Mother used to say. "It will not get any better only worse". I can certainly believe her as I do forget things more often. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment