Tuesday 10 June 2014

Surgery Again

My mate called on Friday and while he was here the telephone rang. I told him that it would be nothing at all. Wrong! It was the receptionist from the surgery. She informed me that I was due for my annual review. Like an idiot I thought it was a G.P that was wishing to talk over things. When she told me that I was going to see a Nurse in Mablethorpe and that it was my diabetes that was being reviewed I was angry. I told her in as many words that my review was not due until September at the earliest and beside that I had been  3 days earlier to have a blood test. Of course she informed me that this was for diabetes. I then told her that as my blood test was for the Hospital a couple of ticks on the form I provided was all that was necessary and that it would save a lot of expense.
 Anyway as she was only the receptionist I reluctantly agreed to her request. She then added I should take a specimen of urine with me. My mate reminded me that this meant a trip to my local surgery to collect a specimen bottle.
 Well this afternoon I went to Mablethorpe ready to give the nurse a mouth full. However she fully agreed with me and that the organisation was not good at all. She then updated the computer and told me that I should not get any more requests before next year. The proviso being that once she had taken my blood and the results were returned. If anything was out of the ordinary, then there would be a recall.
 As my Blood Pressure was fine according to her and she checked my feet and was fully satisfied with them, I expect something to be not quite normal when it comes to my diabetes.
 Incidentally I was on News 24 this morning, a BBC. News channel. It was stated that about 1/3 of the general public were at serious risk of type 2 diabetes. I'm certainly not surprised as the medication that was prescribed to me for over 25 years is still being prescribed. Well was a few months ago.This medication caused my type 2 diabetes.
I will wait and see if I am recalled to the surgery. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment