Thursday 26 June 2014

A little surprised

This afternoon I saw the young man from next door. I asked him if he could get me 3 eggs as I had an egg salad yesterday.
 True to form he came round a little later. As I am trying to teach him a little about gardening I decided to take him down to my broad beans and show him the trouble with black fly. I have managed to more or less control it. I then took him to see the greenfly. This is more difficult to eradicate for as soon as you spray and kill them, the next day more take their place.
 I could see he was excited and I wondered what it was. He told me that he was getting some more glasses. Reactolight ones so he told me he will come round to show me them next Tuesday. Not that this was the only thing that made him excited, he asked me to look at his garden. I had set some carrots and beetroot for him.
 In due course I went to see his garden. I was astounded. It really was very very good and the produce is progressing well. I gave him 3 shallots earlier. They have bulked up great. His carrots are fantastic and beetroot coming on very well.
 before we went to look at his garden, next door's couple had just come back from holiday and we were discussing gardening. His Wife told me she had set carrot seeds and nothing had come up and only 2 beetroot had shown. I told her that this was not her fault at all as I had suffered similar failures and the Postman told me a long time ago that his carrots had not germinated. Incidentally he has been off for quite some time but I found out today that he was back at work on light duties.
A couple of light hearted comments.
 On Tuesday I went for further blood test and I was called in almost immediately. It was some Nurse I was not familiar with although she was very nice. She informed me that I was her first patient of the day. I jokingly remarked that I was fortunate as it meant the needle would be sharp. After a little laughter she then retorted that this did happen years ago.
Yesterday was recycling day. I only put my bin out once a month a s a rule. Anyway I was outside when the bin men called. I informed the driver who was collecting my bin that I only put it out once a month. He immediately replied  "I wish everyone put it out once a month". I just laughed. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment