Thursday 7 August 2014

Pal called

My Best Pal rung me up from home on Saturday evening informing me that he would be down at his Private Caravan site on Tuesday.
 Yesterday he came to see me, it was nice to see him once more.
 I asked him how he had got on about Hardwick Hall. He was there as a youngster and now The National Trust own to property and he has been interviewed as to what is was like in the 40s. He told me that is was great and he had been there from about 11.00am. and the next thing he knew it was around 4.00pm.
 He was late getting to see me as just as he was about to leave the heavens opened so he waited for about 10 minutes to get to me. I just told him that this was the norm for this year. Terrific downpours and  fairly regular too. I was surprised to learn though that this was very local as both Towns to either side had a dry day, we had a couple of these downpours.
 Yesterday morning I switched my radio on as usual. All was normal until just before 9.00am. It started to cut out. Incidentally I have DAB radio which I like especially Radio 4 extra. Eventually it packed up. I just thought that it was the radio and another expense would occur. Then I decided to try the other DAB radios I have, 2 more in fact and found that they do did not work and all it said was no signal being received.
 I had sent my mate an e-mail earlier in the day, well this morning he rung me and told me that the transmitter was down all of yesterday. I told him that my radios started to work once more from about 6.30pm. Thank goodness for that.
 This teatime the young man from next door rung the door bell and had in with him some pigeon and chicken manure so tomorrow I will begin to spread  it on one of my raised beds. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment