Tuesday 5 August 2014

Plenty of people

This morning I went to collect my Pension then went off to get my haircut. I generally parking the Co-op getting my haircut and then do my shopping at the Supermarket.
 I was surprised to be greeted with a young guy asking for £2. this was to park for a maximum of 2 hours. however if one called in the shop and spent around £5 then the money would be refunded. He informed me that this was to discourage the visitors from leaving the car in the car park all day. Mind you the charge is a lot cheaper than the other car parks.
 I went to the Barbers and was surprised to see it was standing room only. To be candid I think there is enough seating for 8 people. With the 2 hour maximum parking I was a little perturbed as to how long I would have to wait before I had my hair cut.
 I really needed have worried as it was just over an hour when I walked out after having my hair cut.
 I called in the shop then went on to Lidl. The refuse men were collecting the fortnightly domestic waste and with the traffic coming in to the Town the delay was rather long. Eventually I managed to do my shopping and once more started to travel back to the Town Centre. The traffic was chaotic so much so that I decided to take a detour and finally managed to get on my way home.
 Normally when I have my haircut I get back home soon after 10,00am. This morning it was much nearer 11.15am. Still I will not grumble as when I was in Business this is what I wished, plenty of people at the sea side. I will however be pleased when the holiday season is over and once again we can move about somewhat freely. 
 Must say this, the young man from next door came to see me yesterday. He asked me if I would look at his small piece of garden, I told him I would go and see his garden. To my surprise while I was looking at the weeds he noticed another shallot set. There were about 6 shallots in all so I helped him dig them up. We then went to look at his tomatoes, since thinning them out the tomatoes have begun to fill out and also some ripening. With that the Owner came up and I told her that he had found some more shallots. She remarked that this was good as they were having salad for tea and the onions would come in handy, also she asked him to pick some tomatoes. I remarked that she had plenty of marrows, she agreed and told me she would try to sell some. She then asked if I would like one. I told her I would and selected a small one. Some of them are massive. I was well satisfied with the small marrow I have. Hopefully with a couple of weeks I too will have one of my own. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment