Thursday 19 February 2015

Installing

As mentioned in my last blog I had delivered a Printer/scanner/copier. Normally my mate would install the item and to be honest he sent me an e-mail stating that if I had any problems installing the printer he would talk me through the installation.
 I had originally told the young man from next door and he assured me that he could install the item. Anyway I saw him get off the bus from work placement on Thursday and he told me he would probably come round on Saturday.
 Saturday came and it was well into the afternoon when the door bell rang. It was him and he told me he would never let me down but he had been swimming. His carer had taken them all to the swimming pool.
 I have to watch him as he tends to rush things, also he tends to be rough with things. I told him to take his time. The first thing we did was to unpack the printer and sort out the leads etc. I asked him if he was sure he knew where everything was connected and he assured me he did. He actually did know for he connected things up but I told him I would connect the plug to the mains. We were now live.
 He had no idea as to how to fit the ink cartridges in though but installed the installation disc in the computer.
 When I turned on the power to the printer I informed him that things were not correct because there were warning lights on the printer.
 As I have poor eyesight I can not see very well. However I turned the printer on it's side produced a lantern battery and fiddled with the ink cartridges when all of a sudden the first one clicked home. Soon after the second one was fitted. He then clicked the continue button and soon we had the printer installed.
 I had the invoice from HP in my mail box and the receipt was there so I decided to print a copy. These new apps are a nuisance as all it did was to send it to an app. This is where my young friend came into his own. He told me to click the right of the mouse and where it said print click that.
 Sure enough it worked perfectly, well not perfectly really as the print was small. No doubt my mate will adjust the print size so that it will be large enough for me to read. However for the first time in about a year I now have something that I can print with.
 Finally I had a call. I wrote in my last blog  that my mate's partner would probably not appreciate what he had bough her. She informed me she did appreciate it.
 IT is a pity that she has NEVER appreciated what I have done for her. She would never had solar panels fitted if it had not been for me, also she would never have switched energy Companies if it hadn't been for me. I informed her partner that the solar was a great value and kept telling him  over several weeks. In the end he told me he had told her what a great deal it was but it was up to her. Mind you when she told him that she would have Solar fitted it was him that had to organise everything. With the Energy I told him several times because he had never switched Companies. This surprised me because he is very careful with other things. I pointed out just how cheap this Company was. To be honest it was the fact that this Company charges next to nothing as a standing charge that made him contact the Company advertising the deal. Now they are both saving money, more than I can because they have a dual fuel contract. Unfortunately for me I do not have mains gas in my area. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment