Tuesday 17 February 2015

To continue

Before we had our mid day meal I went online to show my mate what I intended to purchase, really only for him to confirm that it was a good buy. It was a replacement Printer/scanner/copier, the one that he originally bought me was of no use to me at all. I think it had 8 colour cartridges and it needed to be used on a regular basis. He gave the green light.
 Well it passed muster so I ordered it from HP. This was about 11.00am. The next morning around 9.00am. the doorbell rang and it was the goods. What excellent service.
 Now back to Wednesday afternoon. After we had our meal we had a drink and a chat, then a little before 2.00pm. I suggested we go back to Skegness which he readily agreed.
 When we got into Town he asked me if I would take him to his home so that he could put out his waste bin, no problem there at all as I knew where he lived.
 On leaving his home we made our way to Tesco where I filled up with fuel. I think it was £1.10p.a litre which was most acceptable. We then went into the store. I was surprised how well he knew where everything was also several staff knew him too. We first went to the reduced counters and he bought the odd thing for his Partner, mind you I don't suppose she would appreciate what he had done. He also bought some lemons which were wax free, he told me he would make a Lemon Drizzle cake.
 He asked me what I wished and he certainly looked after me in that department. He knew exactly where all my needs were, so much so that we finished the shopping there in next to no time.
 Off we went then to Lidl, neither of us wanted much but the store is larger than Mablethorpe but parking is far worse there but the car park was half empty so we had plenty places to choose from.
 So that was that, I did remark how dreadful the roads were in Skegness. To be honest I would guess they are the worst roads in Lincolnshire and the Highways Department should be ashamed of themselves. He remarked that many people had complained about the state of the roads but nothing had been done.
 It must be remembered that the population is somewhere around 20,000 but the summer visitors swell the Town to around 250,000 on peak days and the traffic is very heavy.
 Anyway I took my mate back to his Partner's home and made my way home, arriving just before 4.00pm.
 I was lucky because I saw the young Man from next door and told him that I had delivery of the Printer/scanner/copier and that he could come round anytime to get it installed.
 He told me that he would try to get to see me on Saturday. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment