Tuesday 3 February 2015

Resigned

I continued to feed the chickens until Sunday afternoon when the neighbours came back. I have never been so pleased to see them and informed them that I would never again look after the chickens during the months of November to the end of February. I didn't tell them exactly why but the paths were treacherous at times and I have problems with my balance at the best of times and if I fell and broke any bone then I would be helpless especially living alone. Anyway I have told them that this is the last time I will do it in the Winter months. I did however manage to get 8 eggs 7 of which I gave them.
 Now to the Car Service, my mate gave me the name of a guy and he told me he would be here on Tuesday around 9.00am. As we had overnight snow I wondered if he might not be here but I had no need to worry. He arrived about 9.10am. Told me that he had booked the car in for MOT. at 2.00pm. so didn't know if he would get the car back to me at 3.00pm. if not it would be 5.00pm..
 The young lad came to see me about 2.00pm. the carers had gone out so I showed him how the things had grown  taking him to the greenhouse to see the broad beans. I then took him to see where I had cut a thick branch from one of the trees. I tried to pull it down , he started to pull his sleeve over his hand. I immediately stopped him and we went to get some heavy duty gloves. We did manage to pull a few branches down, then I told him the next time he came to bring his camera as mine was not working properly. He told me that he knew how to work them and took a look, to simplify things I told him to take a few photos, incidentally he is far better than I am. To be honest I think almost everyone would be better than I am at photography.
 Anyway he took several snaps, so when we came inside I told him we would try to download them to my computer. He took the sim card out and was about to place it in the slot when there was an update notice so I updated the thing needed then he put the sim in the slot, we waited but nothing happened. I told him that it wasn't working but he wished me to try other things so I went to my pictures. There was an empty folder named camera roll.
 Anyway I took it out and put the sim back into the camera, then tried to access the photos, there were dozens of pictures but I could not manage to get them on my computer. No doubt my mate will be able to sort it out if not he will have the answer.
 Now back to the car. The guy came and bought the car back just before 5 5.50pm.  apologising about the lateness. I told him I wondered if there had been something wrong but he assured me that all was good. He told me he couldn't stop as he had someone coming to see him between 6.00pm and 7.00pm. to do some work for him in the kitchen. I know he would be late because he told me he was the old fashioned worker. I then told him that I too was the same and had worked on the steam trains at Grantham. He then told me he loved steam and that was that. He told me that he used to go to Burgh-le-Marsh, commonly called Borough to all Railwaymen. The Station was kept in an immaculate condition with a beautiful goldfish pond being the centrepiece. I told him that some Drivers only knew the road(that means they did not go any further because they had not learned the signals)so we were shunted into the siding and would wait for the changeover to take place. We would leave Grantham with Ironstone and from Immingham the crew would bring the empty wagons and when they arrived we would just leave one footplate and take charge of the train full of empties, they would take the full  train to Immingham. Anyway after about 20 minutes I insisted that he go, we both admitted we could talk for hours. After a few more pleasantries he left about 6.15pm. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment