Tuesday 17 March 2015

A Scenic Route

Yesterday morning I had a Dental Appointment in Mablethorpe at 11.20am.
 I decided to leave a little later than I normally do as I hate waiting too long.
 I certainly needn't have worried about being too early for as I travelled the A52 to my local Town(a glorified village)there was a sign stating that the road to Mablethorpe was closed and the diversion showed that I would go to the next Town Alford then travel to Mablethorpe. This would have taken me far too long to get to have my Dental Appointment in time.
 I did take the route but only for about 50 yards and then turned my car round. I had noticed that the odd vehicle was travelling on that road so I took my chance.
 I did begin to worry a little because there were 2 vehicles in front. The first turned off soon after I started to follow them, the second soon after. I had some idea as to where I wanted to go and luckily enough a few yards after I wished to turn and go down this road which led eventually to the crossroads just outside of Mablethorpe the road was closed completely, only for access.
 Anyway when I reached the crossroads there was a sign on the right where I intended to turn stating that the road was closed.
 I ignored the sign and travelled about 600 yards when I could see that I would be able to turn right to the Medical Centre where the Dental Surgeon practised.
 To be honest I just made it in time and I only had to wait about 5 minutes for my appointment.
 I guess I was in the Dental Surgery less than 5 minutes. He informed me to make a further appointment in 6 months time.
 I then went to Reception and paid up nearly £20.
  I often wonder why the NHS is so much in debt? I certainly help with the cost of Dental work. Still I must appreciate that I did not need any treatment once again. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment