Monday 9 March 2015

Not 100%

Recently I have not felt 100% but am managing to carry on.
 Anyway last week I had to go and make an appointment for my 3 monthly Blood Test. I also ask for a B.P. check because I am on a high dosage to try to control my B.P.
 The receptionist informed me that this was not possible at all. I asked her why this was so and she just said that this was the new rule and if I wished to have a B.P. check I must make another appointment. I remarked that this was costly and surely it saved money to have both done at the same time. She then asked me who had requested this B.P. I then informed her that I had this checked every 3 months because of my high dosage and that I had trouble controlling it.
 With that her assistant shouted that the Chemist would do a B.P. check. I just walked out thinking that the NHS is really struggling.
  This morning I went to have my Blood Test at the appointed time. It was exactly 11.10am. when the Nurse, well I think it was an assistant who called me in. I mentioned to her what had happened when I ordered my Blood Test. It transpired that all the Nurses and Health Assistants now have only 5 minutes to do routine things like Blood tests and Blood Pressure checks. This has been reduced, well to be honest from next week this starts. She told me that they must do twice the amount of work because the time allowed was 10 minutes but is now just 5. She then told me that she would check my B.P. but from now on it would not be possible to do both at the same time.
 She also remarked on my Blood Test. She looked at the monitor and informed me that each time the test was somewhat different. I told her that the forms I provided were the forms that my Consultant Doctor had provided me with. Anyway she was satisfied with my explanation, wrote on the specimen phials and then took my B.P. Incidentally it was the best it had been in ages. Funny, as I don't feel in the greatest of shapes but will survive.
 She did remark on how my veins were prominent and that some patients had veins that were hard to find.
 All in all she was a very nice Health Assistant and at least I now know what is happening, they are trying to save money by reducing the allotted time allowed for each patient.
 I wonder if the G.P.s will do the same? More hopefully before too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment