Tuesday 31 March 2015

Wild

I had arranged several days ago to go to Grantham so this morning I went although it was a wild and windy morning. I set off around 7.30am. We had heavy overnight rain and there were several large areas of surface water.
 As I progressed I noticed that there were a couple of Flood signs, this didn't surprise me at all. To be honest I had expected warnings of snow in some areas as it was cold.
 I arrived in Grantham without much trouble, the good news being that it was School Half Term so there was little traffic and I had a smooth trip to Morrison's. I still think this Supermarket is very competitive, the only disappointment was that they had no Lamb's liver, still I did manage to get a herring which was nice and red round the eye, a sure way to tell that they are fresh. Incidentally it was very nice, pity it had no roe.
 I then went to ASDA to fill up with fuel. Morrison's have no Filling Station. This was built 31 years ago. You may ask how I know, this was because I saw one of the staff on the till and asked where this other Lady was and if she had retired. She told me I was correct and that she was one of the remaining staff that had been there since it opened 31 yeas ago. So that is how I know.
 After filling up with fuel I went to see my Sister, my elder Sister couldn't be there as she had someone coming to see her. It is her Birthday on Thursday.
 Incidentally it is lashing down with rain hail and sleet. This is the 3rd short heavy shower we have had since I returned home, they last about 5 to 10 minutes then we have sunshine again for a while, still with gale force winds though. AS you can guess it is very cold for the last day of March.
 At my Sister's we had a viewing of photos of my Brother-in-Law's visit to Australia. His wife, my Sister didn't go as it is too much for her. By the sounds of it I doubt if her Husband will go again. He told me it was a traumatic experience, to add his luggage was mislaid, thank goodness it was on the return journey.
 The photos were good but in all honesty, they didn't interest me at all but of course I didn't say anything. I spent about an hour there then set off home going via Mablethorpe to call at LIDL. I must be getting forgetful for the main thing, besides skimmed milk was to get a watering can which I completely forgot.
 Now I will recuperate as it seems to take it out of me more and more as I get older. It is a round trip of around 120 miles. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment