Tuesday 7 April 2015

Holiday weather

Unfortunately anyone calling at the East Coast this Easter Break have been somewhat disappointed. Good Friday was cold with a little drizzle at times. Saturday stated out dull and cool but then there was a ray of hope. The sun shone but only for about 30 minutes then it was back to being dull and cool again. Sunday was similar but all of a sudden around 3.00pm. the sun shone and the temperature rose to about 11c. Monday was a little better, the sun came out at 2.00pm. and it was warmer. So much so that I decided to start to paint the exterior of my greenhouse. I managed to get just over half of it done when I called it a day. By the way I always use Sadolin Extra durable wood stain. I think it is the best.
 This morning the sun was shining before 7.30am. Typical I thought, most had gone back to work, I however decided to finish off the exterior of the greenhouse and to be honest the temperature was around 15c. By far the warmest day we have had so far this year.
 I finished off the exterior, to he candid, I haven't painted the greenhouse for 3 years or so. It certainly showed but with it being made of Cedar the wood  has not rotted at all.
 I am getting some broccoli now, unfortunately it will all come at once, such is life. It is nice though to go out in the garden and pick fresh vegetables. Mind you I have to keep the vegetables protected because of the wood pigeons. I swear they are getting larger as I get older, maybe I am feeding them too well.
 We will see what tomorrow brings weather wise, the forecast is not as good with more cloud and a breeze off the cold North Sea. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment