Thursday 30 April 2015

Cool weather

Last year I took out the Leylandi trees  dug up some of the smaller stumps out and set some daffodils. Unfortunately by the time I managed to get this new camera, the flowers have all but done. It does give you some idea of how nice it did look. I did this primarily to make life easier for me. No more cutting or trimming the Leylandi which seem to grow as you look at them, anyway hopefully life will be a little easier from now.
  The fruit trees had a disease called Apple Scab, the fruit were not good, in fact my apples called Sunset didn't last till Christmas, my Bramley  apples were also poor quality, mind you I mustn't grumble really as I have, this last week used the last apple. I am now starting to spray each 14 days to try to rid them of this disease. I hope that it improves the quality of fruit a little.
 By the way you can't help but notice the fence, it is next door's responsibility. The Young Man said he would do it, that was last year. To be honest I don't expect to see it done in my lifetime. I no longer give him any fruit.
 The other week I cut down my Oulin's Golden Gage plum tree. It has never produced much fruit and last year it had about 10 on but when I went to cover them up the Blackbirds had eaten them so it is no more. Incidentally it was one of the most expensive trees I had ever bought. Well over £40 not including delivery. .
 Incidentally the camera I have now is a Nikon Coolpix, plenty good enough for me to use. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment