Tuesday 21 April 2015

Hand injury

Last Friday around 4.00pm. I went up the garden carrying a couple of tools. Climbing over a small fence I suddenly felt a sharp acute pain of my right hand which was holding on to the rail for my balance is not so good. I naturally thought the initial pain would go but it didn't. It seemed as I had dislocated a finger because what  could see when I tried to see was the bone lifting but when I shoved it back the pain was not too bad.
 Needless to say the swelling got worse so I decided to get a bandage that I was given several years ago to hold in some varicose veins I have. This certainly helped and over the week end I gave it complete rest.
 Yesterday I tried to do some work but the discomfort was there so I had no alternative than to e-mail my mate informing him that it was not possible for me to go and pick him up, bring him to mine, then take hi back later after giving him a meal. I knew that it was impossible for me to drive well over 50 miles just to give him a break and a meal. With a bit of luck, next week will see me able to bring him here for a break.
 I had a call from him a few hours later checking to see if I was O.K. I told him  that it was not easy living alone and having the use of one hand only but I had no intention of going to the local Surgery just in case they sent me to Hospital. I was dreading having my hand in plaster of Paris.
 Today though, once more I have seen some improvement although my Postman friend had a look and informed me it was swollen but the pain is not there as long as I am careful and don't use it much. I went to see him as I hadn't seen him for a while. He told me that this morning there was a sharp frost, white all over at 6.00am. I told him I was up soon after 7.00am. and the frost had gone. Today though has been the warmest day so far although the breeze off the sea took the edge off the warm weather. Tomorrow is forecast to be mainly dull along the East Coast and it is expected to be cool. Nothing new there then as the Easterly wind is always cool along this Coast. More soon, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment