Tuesday 28 April 2015

Improvement

With regards to my hand there has been some improvement, so much so that yesterday I decided to write again on my blog. This was not to be.
 I went or should I really say, I tried to go online yesterday sometime before 5.00pm. I could at once see I had no Internet connection. As I have had problems, quite a few in fact, I knew the obvious things to try before contacting my ISP. I did all of the things I would be told to do so I called them. There was a delay of 15 minutes the automated call informed me. After a few minutes I thought about my filter, although it was almost new I decided to change it for a brand new one.
 In doing this I had to disconnect so of course when I called them once more I again had to wait about 15 minutes.
 Eventually I was in touch with a Guy from Technical Services. Before he had chance to tell me what to do I informed him what I had done. He then told me that I had lost connection about 12.45pm. that day and they had no contact with my router. He asked me the usual questions about loose connections then asked me what my router was showing. It confirmed that there was no connection to the Internet so he asked me where the connection was I told him it was from a B.T point so he asked me if I could unscrew the cover. Now remember I have a bad hand, my right hand as it happens. My eyesight is very poor and I told him I would have to get my magnifying glass to assist me with what I was doing. Before that he asked me if I had a mobile phone because when I took the front cover off I would lose my telephone connection. I told him that I had a mobile but rarely used it. I turned it on and found I had a text message. I gave him my number and he rung me. I then proceeded to take to front cover off, with some sort of difficulty may I add but eventually I managed it. To me there was nothing there at all but when the Guy told me that there was another connection there. I must admit I hadn't noticed it but when he told me this I could see it and connected the router and computer, telephone connection etc. so we once more had the connection. I tried to see if my telephone was working, it was but the Guy asked me to hold on for a few minutes so that he could check to see what was happening. After a minute or so he let me know that there was no improvement and he would now contact Open Reach so as to make an appointment.
 It didn't take long for he was soon back talking to me saying that tomorrow morning between 8.00am. and 1.00pm. someone would be at my home to sort it out. He finally warned me that if B.T. found it was my fault there would be a call out charge of £50 +VAT.
 This morning soon after 8.00am. I had a phone call from Open Reach, he asked me a few questions then said to me that he was going to do a few tests and would than make his way to mine.
 Around 9.20am. I saw his van pull onto my drive. We passed pleasantries then he told me that the fault was not at my end but at the Exchange and he had already fixed the problem.
 He went on to explain how he was so quick. A colleague had the day before a call from a customer from my Village informing them that he had no connection so when I received the call from my Provider he immediately went to check and found that there was a fault at the exchange.
 He checked out the system thoroughly and then went and checked my Broadband speed. He finally used my telephone and informed me that all was once again perfect. He asked me if I would sign with my finger to say that he had arrived at the prescribed time and that he had completed the task to my satisfaction. I used my finger nail first but he told me to use my finger to sign. Mind you it was nothing like my signature but I was well satisfied with what he had done also he was efficient.
 He left me about 25 minutes later saying he had another job to go to.
 Finally for now, last night, because I had not sent my mate an e-mail he phoned me up. I was pleased he had because I told him I had no Internet connection but we made arrangements for me to go and pick him up on Wednesday. I did send him a short e-mail earlier today letting him know that I was once more online. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment