Tuesday 4 August 2015

Calls

These potatoes are the latest from my raised bed and are a lot drier. I did dig up a root from my main garden and they were not good at all. Still one can't tell the weather to behave as one would wish.
 Earlier this afternoon I had a call from the Surgery. It related to my diabetes check which was at the end of June. She informed me that all was satisfactory and asked me if I was eating healthily. I mentioned that I had my dinner at lunchtime with runner beans. With this the conversation changed.  She asked me if I had fresh runner beans, I told her I was getting enough from my plants to have a meal each day. She surprised me somewhat by telling me that her runner beans had a few flowers on but so far no beanlets. I told her that this was not a typical year and I had been to Grantham recently and mu Brother-in Law's runner beans were similar to hers. I added that it had been a difficult year for many vegetables but for onions and shallots it had been a great year. She then told me that she also had a good year for shallots. We conversed a little more and she told me she would contact me in 6 months time.
 It is unusual for me to have a phone call let alone 2. This time it was from Louth Hospital. It was an automated call and wished me to give marks for my visit. I chose waiting times because I didn't have to wait at all. I went to the reception and asked if it was where I should book in and immediately I was spoken to by the Nurse and was seen to immediately. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment