Monday 21 December 2015

Under the weather

Last Thursday I went to the Surgery for a blood test. On entering the Surgery I noticed that there was a receptionist i hadn't seen for about 2 years. We had a long talk catching up on the last 2 years, eventually O told her I had better go and sit and wait to be called in. No sooner had I sat down when Louise the Nurse called me in. I remarked she was on the ball and she immediately informed me that I was 1 minute late. She then told me she was in a hurry as a receptionist had asked her if she could pull in a foot inspection. I told her I knew that they had tightened things up. I gave her the form and as usual she was gentle and good when she took the blood. After filling in the small phials I told her I had better leave so that she could get on with her foot inspection. She then informed me that it was ME who was going to have the foot inspection. We both laughed heartily and she proceeded to inspect my feet which included pricking my feet with a blunt instrument then used a type of tuning fork. It sends s funny sensation through your big toe.
 She then told me that all was good and that she asked me not to walk barefooted. finally she told me that as I had good veins she was prepared to do the foot inspection but had I been bent over with poor veins she would have informed them in reception that she hadn't ime to do the foot inspection.
 The next day I received a letter from the Surgery asking me to make an appointment for a foot inspection. I have, until this year ahd a annual foot inspection but this year it has been 2.
 On Friday I started with a sore throat and on Saturday it turned out to be a heavy cold,so much so that on Saturday evening I went to bed at 9.00 pm. most unusual for me. I even went to bed early on Sunday night too.
  This morning I was due a visit from the Calor Gas people as I had a contract regarding problems with my Central Heating. Thank goodness I had a call from Lee, my usual service man. He rung up around 9.30 am. saying it would be after Noon before he would get to me. This gave me the chance to go to the Village to collect some paracetamol's. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment