Wednesday 14 September 2016

Apples

These are Sunset apples, they are a Cox's Orange Pippin substitute because they tend to grow better in the Northern areas. I have had no disappointments regarding the fruits. This year I have saved in trays over 200 apples. Those which are photographed loose are slightly damaged so they will not keep.
 If last year is anything to go by I will be slinging about half of those I have carefully saved away. Last year was so mild and damp so I hope this year will be a lot kinder to my fruit.
 In the polytunnel I have removed most of the broad beans I set in the heat of the Summer. I can't grumble really as the lad had a portion and I have had a portion and I have enough beans for a couple of meals.
 My Neighbour next door told me that his Wife had ordered a Mitsubishi Hybrid car with all the extras. The colour is white and delivery is Thursday, . The neighbour next door to him also bought a new car a Citroen together with a Camper Van, not new but a newer one than they had. It is said he won the Lottery and with the winnings bought the house. It wanted so much doing to it but he has spent a lot on it and it now looks nice.
 yesterday was red hot and I had to go to the Surgery and all I had on was a trousers and shirt. Today has been a lot cooler, this morning it was dull but the sun broke through late morning but there was a cool wind off the sea, still I am not complaining. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment