Thursday 29 September 2016

Too busy.

 On Monday I had a delivery of shingle and wood, this came just after dinner. I had earlier been in the garden cleaning up and also taking a few shrubs out.
 Tuesday I went to the Surgery to make an appointment for a flu jab, got my State Pension and went back home. I needed to get my Pension as my mate was calling on Wednesday and I would owe him at least £100.
 Later I shifted some shingle from the front garden, it came in a bag which held a ton. I shifted about 25% of the shingle and transferred it to my orchard where the shingle had become a little sparce.
 Yesterday my mate called, it was nice to see him as it is a couple of months since he last called, one way and another we seemed to have something on. He did a few jobs but we had plenty of time to talk also. By the way I did owe him a little more than the £100.
 I guess I am feeling my age as most afternoons I need a nap, with this in mind I said to him a little after 2.00.pm. I suggested he leave for home. I thought I would get a little rest but the lad from next door came to see me, he had been on holiday at Hastings for about 5 days break. Of course he had to tell me all about his break but was more happy because he wasn't going to work  this week. Among other things he let me know that on Tuesday next week he would not be calling to see me. To be honest he very rarely visits me on a Tuesday. He let me know that he had a visitor so of course I asked him who it was. He tole me it was a speech therapist. I told him that his speech had improved and my best Pal had told me that he was talking much better. I think that is because I get him to talk a lot and if he says something wrong then I get him to say it so that all can understand. By the time he went home it was way past my teatime.
 Today I dug up some more shrubs and pruned the remainder. I also shifted another load of shingle and there is less that 25% of it left. I also made some more bread rolls so all in all I once more have had a busy day. I guess I will take no rocking off to sleep tonight.
 Incidentally the lad will be here on Saturday morning to help me, mind you I will have done the majority of work but that is just as well because I have just seen the weather forecast, not great for Saturday. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment