Tuesday 4 October 2016

Cooking apples



On Saturday the lad came round to help, to be honest he really came round to have a nice meal but we did do a little work.
 He was talking about how many days he has to go before he flies to Mexico he is really looking forward to the trip. He told me he had his Tablet repaired so he could take it with him, he even bought it round to show me but then the excuse was that he wanted to take a few photos of the car which he did soon before going home.
 Yesterday I picked about 2 stone of Bramley cooking apples, some will not keep as they have been attacked by grubs. but there are still quite a few on the tree yet.
 This morning I went for my haircut, the car park was almost full to be honest there were just 2 spaces and I took one. When I walked into the Market Place I could see why, there was the normal Tuesday market with perhaps 10 stalls but also there is the Auction, as I walked by I noticed quite a lot of bicycles there, to be honest there were loads of items to be auctioned.
 I carried on to the Barbers and there was one person in the chair so I didn't have to wait long.
 When I went to pay she told me that it was free this time as I had paid for I think 5 haircuts, this was refreshing as I have to save up for the Dental treatment which will cost me well over £250.
 By the way, we had on Saturday for dinner steak pie with potatoes a few runner beans, peas ans marrow. For pudding we had blackberry and apple sponge which of course he had second helpings. I don't mind as he enjoys it a lot.
 On Friday I go for my Flu jab and next week again a visit to the dentist. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment