Tuesday 18 October 2016

Mexico

The lad from next door came to see me, he is looking forward to his holiday in Mexico. Mexico was chosen because his carer has a daughter who lives in Australia and she once told me that this was just about the half way point from where her Daughter lives and here. I have not bothered to check it out but I presume it is more or less correct as a holiday in Mexico is not all that common. The lad told me that they were travelling down to London on Wednesday and staying overnight in an hotel then lying on Thursday morning. I asked him to take some photos so that he could show me when he came back.
 When I saw him I managed to pick the last of the soft fruits, as it had been warm for a few days the late raspberries had ripened well, I also had a few blackberries and one alpine strawberry. He asked me if I would go and look at his tomatoes in thee greenhouse as he told me he had to sling some away. When I looked I could see that insufficient air was getting to the unripened tomatoes and they were rotting so I showed him what to do, well to be honest I did the work, breaking a lot of side shoots. I said breaking because they have no secateurs there at all. In fact I have supplied him with most of the items he has. I will look and I think I have a secateur that I can give him, not the best but they will do for what we will have to do.
 He is pleased with what he has had, he kept telling me that he had done well. It is good for him to have a hobby, mind you it does come second to his XBox and him playing.
 Today I managed to pick a few runner beans, if the weather is not frosty I should have another couple of days picking the beans but as it is turning colder and frost is forecast for a few areas I will keep my fingers crossed. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment