Thursday 20 October 2016

Surprise!! surprise!!

Yesterday I had everything in order. For a start I would go to the local Surgery to try to make an appointment for my Shingles jab, then I would go to the bottle bank which is only a few yards from the surgery. After that I would call at the Newsagent to pick up a weekly T.V paper. Then I would go to the dental Surgery in Mablethorpe for my second fitting. Finally on my way home I would call at the local warehouse and pick up a couple of items.
 Off I went to the Surgery leaving a hour before my appointment at the Dentists. The receptionist asked me if she could help me, to be honest I have found all the receptionists very helpful indeed.
 I informed her that a fortnight ago I had my flu jab and was informed that I was eligible for a Shingles jab but no vaccine was available and I should wait a while before I made an appointment.
 On typing my name it showed that was eligible for the Shingles jab show she checked and told me that if I wanted I could have it today at 1.40.pm. I informed her that this was not possible as I had an appointment in Mablethorpe at 12.30.pm. with the dentist and as I was a diabetic I would then be too long without any food. She told me to wait and asked if anything could be done, after about 2 minutes she asked me to sit down. I told her that I could make another appointment another day but she told me it was no trouble and she would see what she could do, so I sat and waited. After about 5 minutes she called me and told me she had made am appointment for 1.00.pm. adding that she had moved all the other patients back a little to accommodate me. I thanked her for her dedication and she told me that it was no problem. So off I went to the Bottle Bank to get rid of a few jars.
 Driving to the Newsagent I noticed that the Post Office was gutted, not that they are making it any larger but we will wait and see. I picked up my T.V. newspaper then off I went to Mablethorpe. I looked at my watch and could see that I had plenty of time so decided to call at the warehouse first before my Dental appointment. While I was in there I saw this colleague, the one who asked me if I was  Footplate Man he was pleased to see me because he hadn't seen me for a few weeks and wondered if I was alright. I assured him that I was fine but had been to the Dentist for a few weeks so I wasn't calling at my usual time of early in the morning.  We had a few minutes talking then I proceeded to pick up a few things then off to the Dentist. By the time I got there I was about 15 minutes early but decided to book in anyway. No sooner had I sat down when his assistant called me in. I asked him how many times more would I de calling as I wanted to have the money ready to pay. He told me that a couple of times more should see it through. He then checked the dentures and told me that was all for today and I was out within a few minutes.
  The Dental Surgery is upstairs in a complex so I went down to the Reception and informed the lass that I had an appointment for 1.00.pm. but it was warmer to wait here than in my car, she agreed and told me where to sit and wait.
 I was sitting down when I saw a Nurse Practitioner, it must have been 5 or more years since I had seen her she was a very nice Nurse. Someone had told me she had retired. She saw me and smiled I then asked her if she was working in Mablethorpe because I had been informed that she had retired. She then let me know she had left about 6 years ago but she was back working. I reminded her that she was one of the first Nurse Practitioner's in Sutton Surgery, she agreed that she was. We had a few more words then off she went.
 I sat there for about 20 minutes alone but then the odd person began to arrive for the flu jab. Soon after 1.00.pm. I was called in for my Shingles jab. I certainly couldn't complain about the service I was given.
 My next Dental appointment is in early November so hopefully my mate will be able to have a day with me next week. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment