Tuesday 25 October 2016

Shopping

I rung my mate up on Saturday and he was willing to take me shopping in Skegness and suggested Tuesday. So this morning I went to see him.
 As soon as I arrived I could see why he didn't come to see me as his place is in a state or refurbishment and still has lots to do. When it is complete he will have a lovely homely place with all the modern pieces in situ.
 He showed me what he had already done and what he had planned, I only hope that he comes over in about 3 weeks just to give him a break from all the hard work he still has to do.
 Anyway back to me, we left his home and I told him I wished to call at Home Bargains, Furniture shops, Lidl, and Tesco. Off we went and parked free and walked to Home Bargains, I told him I wished to look in there but of course he was using his head, he suggested that we call on the way back that way we would only be carrying the goods I bought back to the car. We called at the old Co-op and looked at the sofas, as my mate said it gave me a good idea as to how much the sofas would cost. It was a nice place and had some good bargains on several things. We left there and he took me to Poundland, it is just as he said it was not a smart upmarket shop but you had to be careful what you bought as everything was a £. I bu=ought a diary and we left and went to Wilco but saw nothing there but to or surprise it was quite busy, generally with  Halloween stuff. Until recent years nothing was thought of Halloween but it really has become very popular.
 We then walked back to Home Bargains where I bought a couple of items, the first was a Bathroom cleaner and the second was a hand fork for the lad who is on Holiday. I found a cheap pair of secateurs that I will give him so the will compliment him with a small trowel that I gave him earlier this year.
 We went back to the car and found that we only had 10 or so minutes left with the free parking, so off we went to Tesco. To be honest I think my mate uses Lidl far more than Tesco but I find it good value for money if you shop right. I bought some of their own Special Flakes a box of Cornflakes and a couple of 4 pints of milk. I then noticed they had some Flora Pro Active on for £3 so I bought one, my mate informed me that Lidl sell it at their place but I told him it was a great price. We paid for the stuff with cash then off we went to Lidl.
 I had made a list and to be honest it is the first time I bought everything on my list, generally thanks to my mate. I did notice that had I bought the Flora Proactive it would have coat nearly 40 pence more but we did save on other things. The only problem is queueing up to pay.
 Now I must tell you I have never used a credit card to pay with a PIN number so I asked my mate how to go on. When it came to our turn I asked my mate if this was the place to put my credit card in? He kindly said it was not as that was where the till receipt was issued. The lass on the till thought this was funny, all I said to her was that if she lived long enough she might have the same thing happen to her. Anyway I followed his instructions and the credit card was accepted. So now it was off to a place that he knew and said it was good but he hadn't been there for some considerable time.
 I would never have found it as it is not on the main thoroughfare. We walked in the warehouse and immediately could see that they had a large selection of beds, sofas, and  dining room tables and chairs on display.
 We started to look round when the Sales Lady came out, immediately she noticed my mate and had a few words with him and he told her we were just looking, she then told us if we needed any help just ask. It wasn't long before we were asking and with my mates help, assistance and advice I finally bought a second hand sofa that had been professionally steam cleaned and 2 brand new easy chairs. Prior to purchasing I asked her if they would take my old furniture away and install the replacement, which she readily agreed to this at no extra cost. I asked her if she would accept a credit card and she told me there was no problem so I told her I would pay there and then. This time I did it myself and it was immediately accepted. With that she asked if delivery on Friday was acceptable and of course I told her it would, a couple of minutes later she asked me that if it is possible could they deliver on Thursday as they had 2 men on delivery that day. I told her it was no problem. She then showed me all that was on the desk, this she told me was booked for delivery on Thursday, there must have been at least a dozen orders to be delivered, so I don't expect to have mine till Friday but that is no problem at all. I will be ready on Thursday just in case.
 With that done I then took my mate home, mind you he had to tell me where to go as I was completely lost. I told him as we were driving to his place that I had thoroughly enjoyed the morning with him and I appreciated what he had done for me. To be honest we have always go on very well since I first met him at Seaview Car Park in Mablethorpe in the early nineties.
 Off I went back home and arrived soon after 12.30.pm. By the time I had put the goods away I managed to get my dinner just before 2.00.pm. Not bad as we had had a successful day. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment