Friday 14 October 2016

Refurbishment

When I went to get my Pension there was a notice on the window stating the Post Office would be closed for a while for refurbishment and improvement.
 When my Best Pal called to see me he always tries to bring me a newspaper, this time was no different and he bought me the local Newspaper. Inside it gave details of what was going to happen with the improvements to the Post Office. To be honest I am a little worried as in general, what happens is that they spend a lot of money then decide to close the place down, I hope it doesn't happen this time. The Post office will be closed from Tomorrow and reopen on November 3rd.
 I told one of the staff there that I would have to have a guide to show me where all the new placed are.
 I had a parcel for next door so when I took it to her, I asked if all was ready for the holiday to Mexico. She told me that more or less all was prepared. I told her the lad was looking forward to his holiday. not that he has no holidays at all. She certainly looks after both of them. We agreed that they both would not be able to look after themselves alone. I think the lad would be alright in some sort of sheltered accommodation.
 The weather lately has not been good, lots of rain and a cold East wind, the produce has more or less finished. I do have a few runner beans and with luck will be eating them for over 3 months. They are certainly the best value for money vegetable to sow. Little room is required but keeping them well watered is vital.
 Next Wednesday I go to the dentist for my second fitting, I will also go to the Surgery to try and make an appointment for my Shingles jab. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment