Friday 7 October 2016

Service contract

Windows have been updating things and this causes me grief, the good thing is that the screen is a nicer picture.
 On Wednesday I decide to find out about servicing my boiler. With it being LPG is is important that it is serviced regular. After shopping around I finally decided to go with British Gas. They actually installed the replacement boiler.
 I went on their site and was offered a chat so I accepted. Unfortunately the operator informed me she could not see my text due to security. Undaunted I decided to apply Online but when I checked all it didn't give me the information I really needed, first was LPG boiler a problem and secondly when would I get my service as it is just over a year ago when it was last serviced. As there was a freephone I decide to give them a call.
 I rung the number and after waiting for about 10 minutes was contacted by a very helpful guy called Nat, he had a Scottish accent but I well understood all he said.
 After going through all the options I decided to go on a Contract very similar to what I had with Calor, the difference being that the annual cost is less for this year but there is a £60 call out. I worked it out that as I had a call out last year and replacement parts for most of the system I plumped for that. He then asked me to wait while he got everything in place. I had to wait no more than a couple of minutes or so. When he came back he asked me if |I would like my boiler serviced today as he could arrange it so naturally I told him that would be fine. He then said it would be between Noon and 6.00.pm. which I readily agreed. We ended the conversation soon after that but within 15 minutes the Engineer rung me up to ask exactly where I was, as soon as I mentioned the Spanish style house he immediately told me he knew where I was and would be with me in about 10 minutes.
 He duly arrived and gave it a thorough check over even going in the loft to check the things up there. He was here with me about 75 minutes and when he left told me that he would probably be the Engineer to service my boiler next year as not all were competent on LPG boilers. He did tell me that I had the best type of boiler, a Worcester  Bosch I told him it was British Gas who had installed it for me.
 Yesterday was windy and I get fed up with picking things up which the motorists have discarded out of their moving cars. This happened to be a plastic piece of paper and when I went to pick it up I felt a sharp pain, I had obviously been stung by something. Although my hand didn't swell up it was certainly very red and the pain didn't go away like a Wasp or Bee sting. Late last night I could still feel the discomfort and this morning when I rose the feeling was still there but not that bad. I now have looked at where the thing got me and I notice a mark such as a pin prick would make but thank goodness I can do all again with my hand.
 Today I had a flu jab, I was first but naturally they were running a little late, it was Claire who took my blood a couple of weeks ago she gave me the flu jab then told me I was eligible for the Shingles injection and if I wished I could have it today. I naturally told her that it would be fine to have it today. Off we went to another consulting room where another Nurse was administering some injections. Claire asked her about the Shingles jab but was immediately informed that there was none available and I should make an appointment but not for a few days because they haven't got any of the preparation there so I guess it will be sometime before I get my Shingles jab. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment