Thursday 22 September 2016

Dental Problems

Yesterday I went to the Dentist informing him that the time was limited for my only molar on the lower jaw. I also informed him that the propriety brands of fixing the dentures in place was a waste of money. On inspection he told me that my mouth had receded a little so the dentures were not fitting correctly. I told him they really never fitted and asked him for his professional advice.
 He first told me that he was retiring, I was somewhat surprised as he is not old. He told me that he was 60 and Dental Surgeons that worked for the National Health could retire on a full Pension. He then suggested that he made new impressions for a complete upper and lower set and when they were ready he would extract the loose tooth and fit the dentures. He told me he would make sure that he would see me alright as he was not going to retire until the Spring next year.
 No price was given but when I signed the consent form I saw what the price would be, together with the Inspection visit the cost will be well over £250. This may I remind you is what they call looking after you from cradle to grave. The cost is in excess of 2 weeks State Pension.
 When I went to reception I asked the receptionist iif I could pay by Debit Card but she noticed it was a contactless payment card too so she just waved it over the paying machine and that was that.
 On the way out I tried to see if anything was happening at Lidl but I could see nothing at all.
 I then made my way to Louth to Aldi, it is a fine store and the parking facilities are fantastic with the parking areas similar to those offered for disabled parking. In I went and the aisles are very wide. The selection is similar to Lidl but I think the meats are a little better quality. I also bought some coffee, it was cheap and well acceptable.
 When I left I called to see my Italian friend to take him some tomato seeds and a tomato. They are plum tomatoes but when I gave him them he told me he was buying the pasta sauce. Still he may grow some.
 By the time I arrived home it was well into the afternoon and by the time I had put the groceries away it was way after my dinner time. Still I bought some cooked ham pieces and had a couple of sandwiches which was very nice. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment