Tuesday 11 July 2017

Appointment

Yesterday my Best Pal rung up to see if I was available later that day. I, naturally told him I was so he duly called in the afternoon.
 It is always nice to see him as time marches on, he is well into his 80s and I have just attained that age, it is obvious that we will not be seeing one another as often as we did.
 We had a long old gossip, we both forget names and we both get exasperated because we forget things but we still have a good laugh.
 On Sunday I sent the lad an e-mail telling him to call to see me as the butterflies were attacking his cabbage plants and although I had given him some netting he didn't manage to lift the netting sufficiently for the butterflies to be unable to lay their eggs.
 I had hoped he would come round yesterday afternoon but obviously he noticed the car and new my Pal was here so he didn't call. It was disappointing as my Pal would have loved to see his little garden, which to be honest he has weeded well and his broad beans were better than mine. Also I told him to be careful with the greenhouse door for he had set 3 cabbage plants and they look fantastic but I had warned him that the butterflies would go in the greenhouse if the door was open and lay their eggs. I did notice that the greenhouse door was closed.
 This morning I went to Lidl and when I had finished shopping I went further down the road to make an appointment with the Dental Surgeon. I have tried for about 3 weeks to see if I could get used to these dentures but to be honest they have never been any good from day 1. I will ask her if she is willing to make a further impression to see if this impression is different to the dentures that the previous Dental Surgeon gave me.
 We will wait and see what happens, I will obviously have to pay for this operation but I am prepared to pay for this. If it fails then as I told my Best Pal all I will do is cancel any appointments and that will save me about £42 a year.
 last night, well  about 6.00.pm to be more precise we did have a heavy shower filling up the water butts. This morning it was cloudy but mainly dry. At lunchtime we had some light rain but the forecasters warned that there would be rain at times. I thought we had got away with it but about an hour ago it started to rain, steady most of the time but occasionally sharp bursts of rain. At least the ground once more is getting a decent amount of rain, not that it has helped much as I have lost nearly all my lavender, a lot of pinks besides plenty of scabious. In the vegetable portion I have had failures with carrots, the worst year for garden peas and I have decided to dig up, with the help of the lad, one of the cherry trees. The main reason being that I get fed up of picking them only to give them away. At least it will be one job less to do.
 I did give my Best Pal some cherries, potatoes some beetroot and 1/2 a cucumber for him to take to his Wife, we then picked some Rhubarb which she loves. I don't mind giving him stuff as he always brings me a newspaper to read. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment