Tuesday 18 July 2017

Chemist


This morning I went to the Chemist to pick up my prescription. The pharmacist served me and I explained what had happened. She agreed that it was up to the Surgery to send the prescriptions to be completed by them. She went to look for the package and I did tell her that it would be a large bag, she shouted almost immediately that she had found it.
 I left there and went to the Newsagents to buy my weekly T.V magazine then it was off to Lidl. As I arrived well before 9.00.am. it was not that busy but on arriving at the checkout there was a queue of at least 8 people waiting to get their goods paid for. As usual there were many moaning about this and the Lady in front of me said that as soon as Aldi was open in Skegness she would shop there adding that she liked Aldi at Louth. I did remark that the parking was brilliant at Louth. With that the announcement came over the tannoy that another till was open so this Lady and me went to the counter. Of course it was several minutes before another announcement was made for an operator to go to the checkout. This Lady then told me that LIdl was built but she did not know when it was to open. I informed her that according to my mate it was supposed to open in September.
 I eventually managed to get served and made my way home.
  I went out in the greenhouse to water the plants, as you can see the cucumbers are exceptional. I have had 7 off the plant so far and although if one looks carefully there are 5 growing but in fact there are 6.
 As I arrived home next door, the on with the dual car was outside, his Wife was going to catch the bus, he shouted to me that the cucumber that I had given him was lovely, I naturally let him know that there would be another one soon.
 On Saturday the lad came round, I had to send him an e-mail to tell him to come round. I told him that he could come round at any time in the morning as he was going to have a meal. As I had expected he was playing on his XBox. When he came round, it was soon after I sent him the e-mail, I asked him if he would like sausage and chips followed by blackcurrant and apple pie with Ice cream. He naturally told me he would like that.
 We then went outside first to pick the odd raspberry and strawberry, then after looking at the garden we got the pressure washer out and I told him that we would clean the polytunnel. No sooner had we done that when it started to rain, not a lot at all but we went back indoors and I prepared dinner which didn't take long. With the Airfryer it takes 20 minutes to cook the chips, after 10 minutes drop the sausage in and they are cooked at the same time. The trouble is that with the grease from the sausages it means that I have to clean the Airfryer, if I use just chips, I have got it to a fine art that I don't have to wash the machine for I use just enough oil to the chips so that no oil passes through.
 After we had a meal we went round to his garden but more of that another day. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment