Friday 14 July 2017

Dentist

This afternoon I went to the Dental Surgeon, I had requested an appointment because my bottom set of dentures were not what I desired as they didn't fit as I wished although the original Dental Surgeon had informed me that there was nothing wrong with them and I had to get used to them.
 While I was waiting there is a scroll giving you information and it started with this"We are having great difficulty due to staffing problems". Further along was this notice. "Remember only 1 problem per visit." In other words if you had 2 problems you had to pick the one which was worse.
 I had to wait a little but not too long, as soon as I walked in the Romanian Lady smiled and said it was nice to see me. I told her that I had tried to get used to these dentures but to no avail but I asked her if she would do me a favour. Naturally she asked me what it was so I told her that although it would cost me money I would like her to do another impression of the lower set. She immediately agreed to do this and let me know it would be now.  I had wanted a 20 minute appointment but the receptionist informed me that if I wished 20 minutes it would be towards August so I decided to go for a 10 minute appointment knowing that 10 minutes would not be enough. So I was happy that she did the impression there and then.
 Her assistant made the mixture up while she was on the Computer and as soon as she had the mixture made she then made an impression of my lower mouth. On completing this she gave the top set to her assistant so that they had  a template of both sets.
 After a few minutes she then let me know that normally a bottom set would cost £240 but she had contacted NHS and explained what had happened and managed to get the sum reduced to £73.20. She told me that this was all I had to pay. I was well satisfied with this news. She did tell me that the next appointment would be in 2 weeks but further appointments would have to be made. This of course I had expected.
 There has to be a downside and it is this> I put my repeat prescription in very early on Tuesday expecting it to be delivered on Wednesday or Thursday. It is sods law, the delivery man came while I was out at the Dentist so I will have to go to the Chemist next week to pick the prescription up myself.
 My mate called on Wednesday and after the recent rain I decided to dig one of my Cherry Tress up and although it was not up completely it was near enough. In fact when my mate went home I managed to take the tree up within a few minutes.
 Anyway I just told him what I was doing and also reminded him that he didn't like cherries which he readily agreed but then let me know his Partner loved them. This surprised me because if I had known for a few years he could have picked some off the tree for his Partner. We, in fact did pick most of the cherries off the tree but to be honest they were not the best as I had not bothered with them, besides the tree was beginning to wilt. If I have some cherries over when he calls next year we will pick a few for his Partner, these will be better quality cherries. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment