Thursday 6 July 2017

Unusual

 ON Tuesday I had to go to Grantham to ASDA to pick up my spectacles. Late on Wednesday evening a Guy rung up just before 8.00.pm. to let me know they were ready. So I arranged to go over on Tuesday first checking to see that my Sister and her Husband would be in.
 I left home soon after 7.30.am. and had one of the nicest journeys of recent times with little traffic problems.
 I arrived at ASDA soon after 9.00.am. and went to the Opticians department. All went smoothly and after doing a little shopping arrived at my Sisters before 10.00am. We had about 30 minutes before I told her I must go because I had a letter the afternoon before stating that I must take the letter to the Surgery, if I did not reply an second letter would follow, if I failed to reply to that I would no longer be eligible for treatment for I presume Diabetes.
 Anyway I set off home and a couple of unusual things happened. Nothing untoward happened until I was passing Revesby when all of a sudden a small Derr suddenly appeared from nowhere and ran across the road a few yards in front of me. About 5 miles later, following a large lorry and a car suddenly the lorry stopped. I wondered what he ahd stopped for. He was there for about a minute then gradually started to pull away. As I approached I could see the problem. there must have been at least 30 geese, they were in various stages of age for some were mature but there were also some very young ones and some not quite adult. I could see however that one of the geese had been killed but not recently as the dead goose had been flattened quite some time ago. From there to the Surgery was uneventful and I arrived at about Noo.
 To be honest I find the receptionists and Nurses very helpful. The trouble is that you never seem to get the same receptionist. Anyway this receptionist asked me if she could help me. I looked at her and told her I was sure she could help me. I showed her the letter and sure enough it was stating that I was due for an Annual Diabetes check and review. I informed her that I had this don e in March for the Nurse had told me I was due for a diabetes check. With that she looked up and found that I was correct and also told me who the Nurse was. I concurred and told her she was a mature Nurse but very nice. She then told me she would go and check that all was O.K. but I told her that I wished  to have a foot inspection, a urine test  and a Blood Pressure check. This she readily agreed to my request  and let me know that the same Nurse that had done the Diabetes check would do the tests but not before the end of the Month. Anyway that is sorted out.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment