Tuesday 4 July 2017

Tour de France

This next 3 weeks I will be watching the Tour de France, I don't know how I got into watching cycling but I really do enjoy it.
 last weekend the lad asked me to help him so naturally I said I would so on Saturday morning he came to mine. Before we went round to his we had a tour of my garden especially where the soft fruits are. He has 99% of the strawberries and almost the same of raspberries. He really loves raspberries. After he has picked the strawberries, I pick most of the raspberries as he is not so nimble with his hands. We then, after he has eaten the fruit go to the greenhouse and polytunnel to see how my plants are faring. Then it was off to his place. I first told him that we would check the broad beans as he told me some were ready, I was surprised that he had so many ready to be picked so I told him to go and get a bag so that we could pick the broad beans. He was gone for a minute or so and came back with a bag, with this the Guy appeared I asked him if they were racing and he told me they were but it was only a short race. We then started to pick the broad beans, I supervised him to make sure he didn't pick those that were not quite ready. To be honest he did quite well and we soon had a bag full. The Lady appeared so I told her that there was more than enough for a meal but if placed in the bottom of the fridge they would last at least a week. She then siad they would have ham and broad beans.
Soon after the lad asked me if I would make a sort of frame with netting to stop the cabbage white butterflies from laying their eggs on the broccoli plants I had given him. This took about 45 minutes and to be honest I was beginning to feel tired but I had to look in his greenhouse where he had set 3 cabbage plants, he had set a few outside but the wood pigeons had made a mess of them. He told me that they had been eaten and as soon as I saw them I told him that it was the wood pigeons. I told him that the plants in the greenhouse were fantastic but warned him not to leave the door open as the butterflies would lay their eggs and ruin the plants. He does not like to touch anything like caterpillars.
 By the time I had finished it was just before 1.00.pm. and I had then to get back home to start my dinner but at least I had sorted him out. He was pleased that he had picked plenty of broad beans and kept saying he had done very well, which he had really. At least it gives him something to do beside play on his XBox. He will often say that after we have finished doing the work he will go and play on his XBox or with his cars. He seems happy enough though and as long as I wave to him in the mornings when he goes to catch the bus he is happy. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment