Friday 9 February 2018

Rain.

The Postman called this morning with some netting I have ordered. The first thing he let me know was that we had 17mm. of rain overnight. I assumed we had a large amount for when I went earlier to put the peelings in the composter I could see standing water in my orchard.
 I told the Postman that this netting I had was fairly new it was flexible netting that did not allow butterflies to enter. I bought a length enough for  a couple of raised beds so with the help of the lad when it is better weather we will cut it in half.
 My mate contacted me  and told me he had trouble with his leg, it seems as if it is behind his knee and it affected his driving. I just though that his Partner could not help him much because he told me some time ago that he had to drive because she had a bad back. I let him know that if it didn't improve he must make an appointment to see a Doctor. I also let him know that hopefully I would be available  in about 12 days time.
 I have just finished the last of my eating apples, not bad for it has been early August when I last bought any apples. It is mainly the Braeburn Apples that have kept well.
 Today started cold and cloudy but from Noon onwards it has rained with a little sleet at times so I assume that the 17mm. has increased to about 25mm. that is about 1". With the weather also being so cold it would not have made any difference because had it been warmer the ground will not be ready to dig until March at the earliest so I will not be having extra early vegetables this year. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment