Tuesday 27 February 2018

Pension

With the weather being a problem I didn't expect to be able to get out today but when I looked out of the window I was surprised to see just a dusting of snow on the ground and the roads were clear.
 I decided to go shopping soon after 9.00.am. getting my groceries and my weekly T.V. magazine.
  I called at the Post Office for my Pension and noticed that the lass gave me several old £10 notes. I immediately told her that I didn't wish to have the old notes. She then let me know that they were still legal tender. I pointed out to her that from Thursday they would cease to be legal tender and as the weather was so unpredictable I could not accept them. Reluctantly she changed them for the new style £10 notes. I could not believe such a thing was happening especially as they cease to be legal tender in a couple of days time. Had I not heard it a few days ago I would have been none the wiser.
 The lad popped round from his work yesterday and wished me to look at his garden. I naturally followed him up my garden and peered over the fence. Sure enough he had dug his garden and removed all of the weeds. I told him that it looked good then led him to where his broad beans were in pots but told him that we would not plant them in his garden until this cold snap had gone.
 Today he has a day off but if it is bad weather tomorrow I don't expect him to go to work. Later in the week the weather is supposed to be bad with gales and snow late Thursday into Friday.
 As for my seeds, to be honest very few have germinated and that is all the more worrying as they have been in a heated propagator. Still nothing I can do about it.
 The lad had a look in the greenhouse and noticed one potato just sprouting that I had set about a month ago. I certainly did not notice it at all. My eyes are not so good. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment