Thursday 1 March 2018

Nice surprise

The weather in general these last few days has been horrendous but in Lincolnshire it has been particularly bad but not according to the News. It spoke about most other areas suffering and it was not until last night that it mentioned the Military had to be called in to Lincolnshire to assist with the help in regard to getting helpers and Nurses to the local hospitals. Later it was stated that many motorists were stranded in Lincoln. This morning it did report on most of the main roads in the county were closed in places. This was caused by the severe winds blowing the lying snow off the fields  closing many of the main roads. Nearly all of the Schools were closed.
 The Carer came round to see if I was O.K and asked me to go round for a coffee which I gladly accepted. I saw the lad and he told me he had a text message informing him that the remainder of this week he would not be required to go to work. Not that he could do anyway for the buses had stopped running, the refuse service was also cancelled and in general a report was given out that unless the journey was really necessary you should stay at home.
I asked the Carer if she had enjoyed her time in Australia and she told me she had thoroughly enjoyed her stay but not the travel. I asked her if she would go again and was surprised when she told me she was going again but had asked the Travel Agent to see if a different journey to Australia could be done. She would like a break for the travel of 20 hours was too much.  She added that her Husband did not go with her because he wished to upgrade but it was too expensive for both of them. He was also this week on a Course because he is changing his place of work. He s also a Carer in a Nursing Home.
 I was given a coffee and with the  2 others which she Cares for we had a nice talk. The lad wished me to see his new T.V. which I did some time after we had a coffee.
 Off I went to his room and was allowed to sit in his posh chair which has a raised platform that allows you to have your legs raised which suits me fine. His T.V is very modern and he has bought a what I will call a typewriter which means he can use his T.V, as a computer receiving and sending emails. He can also get Netflix and Films. To be honest it was all too much for me to digest but it looks great. He did show me the command he could give by voice and showed me how it works.
 Eventually I had to leave because it was well after my dinner time but it was nice to think the Carer did think of me. Before I left I did tell the lad that hopefully a week on Saturday if the weather was nice we would sort out his Greenhouse and he could have a bit of dinner.
 I was pleased to get back home and immediately began to prepare my dinner and the rest of the afternoon did nothing except order some more bird seed because I have fed them at regular intervals every day since it turned much colder. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment