Thursday 22 March 2018

More cleaning

This morning I decided to give the shed a good clean. As I took the majority of things out I noticed that there were a couple of holes where the vermin had gnawed their way into the shed although there was no signs of recent guests.
 I managed to bung the holes up and made a reasonable job of it all but it took me well over 90 minutes.
 I had no sooner had a coffee and sat down when the doorbell rang. It was the Postman who I hadn't seen for a while. We had a good 5 minutes chat and he told me that he had to get his Holidays in before April but he had done the spring Cleaning. He had bought me some Estima seed potatoes, I like Estima and what I intended to do is put them in compost in a couple of large bags to see what sort of volume I get.
 No sooner had he gone when the doorbell rang once more, it was Hermes the delivery for Aldi. I had ordered a Steam Cleaner and another hand trowel. I gave the lad the other one I had ordered because it was better quality than the one I had originally gave him.
 I decided to assemble the Steam Cleaner but when it came to fit the floor cleaner foot I couldn't get it to fit, I don't know why I did but I looked in the box it came in and at the bottom was a little bit of plastic. I realised that it was a lug that had broken so I did no more I went Online and contacted Aldi to inform them what I intended to do. I let them know that I proposed to use the Gorilla Glue to see if I could stick it so that it would work but I would keep them informed.
 A couple of hours later the phone rang and it was Aldi Customer Service, the lass had received my email but I explained to  her what I intended to do but added that if it stuck alright today I would give the lug piece another piece of glue and leave it for a further 24 hours. I then asked her if it failed could I take it to the Aldi Store in Skegness for a swap. She then looked on her screen and told me the nearest place was Louth but I told her this was not so. She asked if Skegness Aldi was new, I told her it was about 5 months old but it was lovely.
 She eventually found the Store and checked to see if they had any in stock telling me they had plenty. She then commented on how I was trying to solve a problem and that it was good adding that if it didn't work I was to contact her and take it back to Skegness for a replacement adding that it had a 3 year warranty. So now I will wait and see if I can repair the machine, apart from that little thing it looks great. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment