Tuesday 27 March 2018

Fencing

Saturday morning before 10.00.am, the lad from next door came round to assist me with the fencing panel repairs. We started soon after and I had in plan that we do a couple of panels cleaning out the leylandii cuttings out of the bottom then have a drink. Doing the remaining panel and then while the lad played on the computer I would get dinner ready. I gave him a choice so we had Home Made Steak Pie with chips and peas with some gravy which he loves. Also I had a bread roll for him because he always makes a chip butty when he has chips.
 It took about an hour to get the dinner ready. I had before hand prepared the Blackberry and Apple crumble so it only had to be cooked. I did that at the same time as cooking the Steak Pie. Just before it was ready I called the lad and he was at the table in no time. After the meal it was his job to make the coffee while I washed the pots.
 We then went into the T.V. room to drink the coffee and watch the qualifying of the Grand Prix. After that we went on to do more work round next door with the panels. It is not possible for me and the lad to lift the panels out of the concrete bases so I had to make the best of it. together we managed to repair quite a few panels and I had to saw more wood but while I was doing that I asked him to dig a little of his garden so that we could plant some seed potatoes.
 We had to go to and fro from my home to his place, in the end we had a lot of wood, saw hammer nails and steps but eventually we completed the work.  Getting round to planting the seed potatoes was easy and took no time at all. I had told him that I wanted him to sow some seeds, mainly brussel sprouts and cabbage so as soon as we had brought the things we had used back to mine we went to the greenhouse where I had prepared a couple of trays for the seed to be planted. I supervised him sowing the seeds then looked at my watch, it was 4.15.pm. I told him we would call it a day and as soon as we got indoors he suggested we have a coffee, I agreed and it was my task to get his tea. I had told him it was going to be fish and chips, this would take about 30 minutes so while he made the coffee I buttered a couple of bread rolls and got working on the meal.
 No sooner had we sat down for the meal when his mobile went, it was an email from his Carer letting him know that they had arrived back home. I have never seen him eat his food as quickly as that but he was told off several weeks ago for staying late but I had told the Carer that I would give him his tea but it made no difference to him.
 Anyway he enjoyed himself and yesterday he came round to assist me a little also we took round 6 broad bean plants as the ones that I had grown originally for him  6 had perished. I have never known The Sutton Broad Beans to be affected by the weather before but it was something of a one off, hopefully.
 The daffodils although severely affected by the severe gale force winds are now in flower, about a month later than last year. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment