Thursday 29 March 2018

Aldi.

Last week I ordered a Steam Mop and it arrived last Thursday. When I opened the box, all the items were in sealed bags and when I eventually assembled the Steam Mop I could not get the floor plate to fit at all. I don't know why I looked in the box but at the bottom was a piece of plastic, it turned out to be part of a lug that had been broken off. I decided to email Customers Service at Aldi and explained that I would try to stick the piece to where it had been broken and if I failed I would travel to skegness to exchange it for a replacement.
 About 2 hours later I had a phone call, it was from Customers Service at Aldi. I explained what I intended to do but not only would I stick the two pieces together but I would wait at least 24 hours and give it a repeat performance so that it may be a few days before I had any results. She then told me that the nearest store was Louth but I corrected her letting her know that it was Skegness. At first she could not find the store but eventually did. She told me she would check to see if skegness had any in stock and the answer was they had plenty. She wished me well but reminded me that it had a 3 year warranty anyway.
 I checked on Sunday morning but it was a failure so I planned to visit Aldi in Skegness early Tuesday morning so that hopefully there would be few in store so that a swift replacement would happen.
 I arrived at Skegness store just before 8.45.am. It was raining so there were few in store that included the Staff. I saw a young Man at the checkout and went over to him and explained all that had happened. He told me not to worry and started to go to find another one but a customer approached the checkout so I asked him if I should go with him but he told me if I wished I could do my shopping so out I went and collected a shopping trolley and proceed to do my shopping.
 I guess it took about 20 or so minutes to get what I wished, the store was still very sparce of customers so it was great for me. When I arrived at the checkout a couple were waiting to pay but the young Man recognised me and let me know he had seen me. When it came to my turn to check my goods another colleague arrived and said something to him, I think it was about a tea break. He must have said something to her because she replied to him "Don't shoot the messenger". She was getting ready to open another checkout but before she could start he asked her to go and fetch a Steam Mop so off she went. It took less than a minute and offered me the box. I looked at her and just said. "Will you take it and put it in the car just outside".The look on her face made me laugh she put her arms around me and laughed heartily saying that she thought I was serious.  The young man suggested I pay for the goods which I did then he told me all I had to do was write my address, telephone number abd the fault. He would fill in all the other details. I thanked them both very much and came back home.
 I am not 100% healthy so I did not even assemble the Steam Mop until late in the afternoon and didn't use it until the next day. It worked very well.
 I then emailed once more Customers Service and informed them what happened, back came a reply that it was noted on their fault site.
 To be honest I could not fault Aldi both the Customers Service side and the Staff at Skegness, it was a pleasure going into the store.
 As it is approaching Easter I will be taking a few days off so I wish all who bother to read my blog a Happy Easter. For my part I have just seen the lad from next door and gave him a couple of Easter Eggs, 1 for him and 1 for the other one who has severe learning difficulties. needless to say I instructed him to give the package to his Carer, she will make sure they get them on Easter day. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment