Tuesday 13 March 2018

Cold and wet

Yesterday was a horrible day yet again with it being very dull and dark all day plus rain on and off all day. To make matters worse it was cold, the temperature never went above 4.7c which is around 40 degrees fahrenheit. far below what one would expect for the middle of March. needless to say my garden is still waterlogged.
 On Saturday the lad came round but the weather was not good with rain at times but I had promised him that we would plant out his Broad bean plants we also put into his garden a few Shallots. I did have a look at the Greenhouse and apart from one pane of glass the damage was not as severe as I had thought. As I am no longer stable for I get dizzy I told him that I could not get on a pair of steps and place some polythene which I had taken round. Whether they will fix the pane which is the top of the Greenhouse is a guess but I did tell him that I would try to fix the odd side panel which was damaged. As I had done most of the work I was tired and forgot to take the pots and tray back to mine.
 Yesterday I asked the lad to bring them round to me and this lunch time he did. We went out and looked at my fencing at the front and noticed that some panels had began to bow so that it the next job.
 I had expected a LPG delivery yesterday but that didn't happen so just before 4.30.pm. I rung them up and the guy who answered was apologetic and checked to see when I would definitely get my delivery. He told me Wednesday but I informed him that I had to go out that morning because I had let them know I would pay cash. He told me not to worry because he didn't expect me to do a sudden move. He then went  on to tell me about his experiences when the Beast from the East arrived. He told me he lived in Boston and for 2 days things were at a standstill there but he did manage to get to work on the Friday. I told him that we were all in the same boat.
 I went to get my State pension and asked the lass there if they had been affected by the weather she told me they were closed for 2 days. I didn't tell her I was housebound for 4 days.
 The weathermen say that the cold East winds were coming back at the weekend, surely not as bad as it was for it is the middle of March. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment