Thursday 8 March 2018

Wood

With the fencing being severely damaged in parts I decided to email my mate to see if he could go round to the local Builder's Merchants to order some wood. I did go Online but they wished you to register and I thought if my mate could manage with the help of his partner I would let him order the wood. I did tell him not to worry for I would have gone to the Builder's merchants on the way to Mablethorpe but they are rather expensive.
 My mate emailed me this morning to let me know he would try to get and order the wood I needed so with that I have no need to call at the Merchants on the way to Mablethorpe on Monday. I have a Dental Appointment first thing Monday.
 before that I will have the lad round on Saturday but the weather forecast is for rain but we will set his broad bean plants and have a look at the greenhouse, I do have a little polythene so I will give them that but according to the lad there are quite a few glass panes shattered with the severe gales and snow of last week.
 I of course will have more idea of the damage when |I go round with him, I told him to be round at mine at 10.30.am. on Saturday but will tell him, if I see him to make it 30 minutes later because we will not be able to do a lot.
 The weather does not get a lot warmer, today we had rain but a little further North they had snow, things are back to where they were several years ago with the first signs of daffodils coming into bud. It was always known that Daffodils were flowering mid March into mid April followed by Tulips. I am sure that once more I have lost all of my Tulips so I will never grow them anymore in the garden. I was sent free about a dozen Tulip bulbs which I set in a large tub and kept it in the Polytunnel, they are now beginning to show through and if it gets warmer will be flowering by the end of the month or early April.
 I am getting the Greenhouse prepared for the coming Summer but there is no sign of the seed potatoes I planted several weeks ago. What we could do with is a prolonged spell of dry warm weather. I guess that is wishful thinking. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment