Wednesday 21 March 2018

Busy and tired

Yesterday I had for me a busy day. I did my usual duties like preparing for my mid day meal then it was off to the Surgery to place my repeat prescriptions in the place provided. Near to the surgery is a Council Car Park and there is a glass recycling collecting point so I called there to put a bottle(port) and a couple of jars. The Port I bought last year  so don't get the idea that I drink heavily. In fact I only have a drink of Port and lemon when the lad calls. It consists of about 20% Port and 80% diet lemonade.
 After getting rid of my glass I went to the Newsagent to get my weekly Magazine for T.V listing. Then off I went to the Co-op to get my milk  and another bottle of Port, some Ginger cake mix and some diet lemonade. Then it was off to Lords the warehouse where I bought a couple of jars of Mincemeat and a cabbage then back to my home.
 I placed the goods in their relevant places then I prepared to make some Bread Rolls. This takes me about 90 minutes maximum from starting to completion. By the time I had completed the task it was approaching 1.30.am so I had time to clean the windows which were once more filthy due to the severe winds and blizzard conditions we had over the week end.
 By the time I had cleaned the windows I then put on my vegetables to cook and took the Domestic waste ready to be collected today. I noticed that the lad next door had cleaned the car because of the soapy water that was running down to the drain.  No sooner had I got back inside when the doorbell rang. It was the lad so I showed him the damage we had once more to the fencing and went out the front and told him that they would require some medial repair. I asked him if he could help me lift out a fencing panel, they are 3' but I could not lift it out of the concrete posts alone. We managed to lift it out and immediately noticed the panel was worse than I had expected. Bear in mind they have been there for over 20 years. I told him I was soon going to get my dinner and he told me that when I wanted to put the panel back he would be in his bedroom playing on his XBox and would come round and help me.
 After my dinner I decided to go straight away out and start on the fencing panel, no sooner had I started when the lad came round. I was surprised and pleased for it was not straight forward. Where we had taken the fencing panel out was a lot of dead Leylandii and I asked him if he could fetch the wheelbarrow and fill it with the dead branches. While he was doing this I was taking off the rotten wood and preparing for a new piece of wood which I had already cut. He came back and assisted me with the fitting of the panel. We managed to get the panel back in place and he noticed that there were others that needed repairing.
 We finished up doing 2 other panels and there was plenty of cut twigs and branches that had to be removed. I told him that there was a huge pile to burn and he looked at me and suggested that there would be a lot more for there will be at least 3 more panels to repair. This is scheduled for Saturday.
 When we had done it was approaching 3.00.pm. I suggested to him that we had a Port and Lemon which his eyes lit up. I also suggested that if he wished I would do him a chip butty. He told me that it would be nice so naturally I peeled the potato whist he did for the first time do the Port and Lemon. I did soak the chipped potatoes for about 10 minutes then dried them off put them in a large bowl and poured enough oil to cover them and it was off to the Air Fryer for about 20 minutes. I buttered him a bread roll, asked him if he wanted a coffee which he said no and soon the chips were done. He gave me about 4 and the rest he made his butty and ate  what was left individually. He told me he would soon go for he had to update some things on his XBox so about 3 30.pm. he left for home.
 No sooner had he gone when the phone rang. It was the last thing I needed for my legs were swollen and I was tired being at it for the most of the day. It was my Best pal calling to say he would not be coming down this week as they were recovering from the bad weather they had had but added he would get down as soon as he could and would ring me so that he could come round to see me.
 He kept me talking for about 40 minutes so I had reluctantly to let him know that I would have to go and give my legs a rest. By the time I had finished the phone call it was tea time. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment