Wednesday 4 April 2018

Washout.



As you can see, we have had rain from Good Friday until today, not constant rain but rain on and off for most of Saturday some rain but very cold for Sunday and on Monday even colder with the temperature not reaching 4c with heavy rain for most of the day. A lot of local football matches were postponed due to waterlogged pitches. Yesterday and today we have had showers.
 Even today in places my garden is still standing in water but tomorrow it has promised sunshine so hopefully it will give the garden to dry. It used to be a guide that on Good Friday the men would get into the garden or allotment and set the first early seed potatoes but this year it is not possible and I guess that the soil will not be ready for at least 2 weeks.
 yesterday I went to get my weekly T. V. listing and I was surprised to see that a local Caravan Site had quite a few touring caravans on their site. different to my Best Pal, he rung me up last wednesday asking me if I was in because he and his wife had arrived at the site the day before but they were going back home the following day. It had rained more or less all the time they were on site. I didn't ask him if it was a quagmire at his site.
 I do feel sorry for those Businessman who are at the Seaside for easter is the first opportunity for them to get some money in but this year it has been so very poor and the forecast did say it was going to be generally cold and wet.
 The lad shouted to me, I was in the garden, asking me if I would like to go round to the Carer's for a coffee . I went and let him in and showed him the results of the seeds he had set remarking that I would show him how to transplant them into pots for they are in a deep tray. He was surprised how much they had grown. I told him I would be round about 10.30.am. so off he went. I did change out of my working overalls and went round. The lad made me a coffee which was very nice, he knows how to make it for I make him make the coffee at mine. The Postman called whilst I was there and it turned out that her daughter in Australia had sent her some photos of then while she was there visiting. They were nice photos. Eventually the conversation turned to the garden and she told me her Husband had got some netting and proposed some more netting for the lad's bit of garden. I told her we would go and look at the netting, I was sure it was not suitable for stopping the butterflies from getting to the brussel and cabbage plants. Unfortunately I was correct, I did show her some fine netting that I had given to the lad and immediately she noticed the difference.
 Pigeon racing should start the weekend but she told me they would not be entering any birds because they had not been able to get the pigeons ready  in time. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment