Friday 27 April 2018

Tree

I took this photo yesterday morning for I did not know whether the Men would come and remove the tree. Actually they did not arrive but this morning around 9.30.am. they arrived. I half expected them not to be here for it had begun to rain about 9.00.am. it was also cold 8c. very cold for late April.
 When they began I went down to see them and said to them that the rain was not great but the Head Guy told me he didn't bother with the rain but the wind. He did inform me that the tree might fall in my garden and do a little damage but he had decided to lop the top off 3' at a time therefore reducing the tree from falling in my garden. Actually all went very well and within 3 hours they had removed the tree including the branches and left as I was having my dinner. I have not been down to look at the result for it is cold and very wet. The forecast for the next 4 or 5 days is also dreadful, needless to say my garden is naturally waterlogged. I begin to wonder if the water table will ever reduce to where it was 3 years ago.
 My mate called to see me yesterday, it was nice to see him. He did say to me that he was getting fed up of not being able to get on with his work, which means him crawling in his loft. I did ask him about his leg and although it is improving it is not good enough just yet for him to get on with his work. All he and I want is some prolonged decent weather but it does not look as if we will get any of that soon. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment