Friday 13 April 2018

Flowers

Despite the cold cloudy weather the flowers in the garden don't look too bad.
I had another delivery of LPG today and the Driver told me he has been delivering for 30 years and has never known a start to the year like this one. I can quite believe it.
 This morning I once again had to visit the surgery for Blood Pressure checks, unfortunately they don't seem to be able to control the BP. Last time it was very low so the doctor knocked off one of my tablets, this time it was high so they are issuing me with some more medication but I must go back in 3 weeks time.
 My mate contacted me today, to be honest I thought he had talked his Partner into going for a short break but no such luck. His leg is improving and with luck we have a date for him to visit me, towards the end of April. He also mentioned that the Easter break had been very disappointing for most of the traders. I can certainly understand their plight for it is the first time of the year that they had a chance to take money but the weather did it's best to ruin their plans.
 They are talking of the weather getting a little warmer but looking at the weather map it seems to me that the east Coast will not fare as well as some parts of the Country.
 I still have no idea as to when I will be able to get my first early seed potatoes in for the ground is still under water in places. The trouble has been the lack of sun for here it has been very misty and very cold. I do however have have a few runner beans sown yesterday in pots in the extension ready to go out when they grow. I did notice today that the broccoli is showing signs of producing florets but not for about a week or so. The trouble is that in recent years Spring has been early this year it is late so it seems as if it will never arrive but of course it will.
 The Farmers will be having a tottering time for the land is still very wet so Spring sowing will be late. Let us hope that we get some warm drying weather. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment