Monday 21 May 2018

Busy

The first picture was of the first taste of New Potatoes out of the greenhouse these were picked I think on Tuesday last week. I decided to see if the second potato in the greenhouse was any better for it looked as if it was. As you can see it was well packed with many potatoes. In fact I had the lad round on Saturday and there was plenty for us plus another meal for me yesterday.
 I had originally asked my mate if he could supply me with a base for the shed but as I hadn't heard from him I knew he was having difficulty in finding a supplier who would cut the formed wood to size so on Thursday I decided to go to the local Jewson. They were most helpful and when I told them what I wanted they let me know there was no problem. It cost me just over £41 which I though was reasonable especially as they had it cut for me to the size I wanted.
 I let my mate know by email and he told me that nobody in Skegness was interested. He rung me up yesterday afternoon just to let me know he was travelling to Mablethorpe with his Partner to visit some friends, asking me if I was in so that he could deliver the Flora Proactive which he bought from Tesco when it was on offer. I told him that he could see my handiwork when he arrived.
 On Saturday the lad came early but I had already more or less emptied the shed ready to put another floor on top of the existing floor which is not of wood but some composite.
 The first thing I did when the lad came round was to go and sort his garden out and whilst he dug the ground I weeded his garden and sprayed with weed killer in his greenhouse where the panes of glass have been damaged.
 Then it was off to mine taking the last couple of items out of the shed. The lad laid the first  plank of wood remarking that it was a perfect fit. When I came to nail it down I noticed that the floor was bowed so that the wood didn't lie flat. To overcome that I told him that we would nail the remaining wooden panels and as they were away from the front well over an inch. What we did next was to get the lad to cut  a length of wood so that it could fit under the planks that were raised. That did the trick for when I nailed the planks to the wood it fitted very well and it was solid to walk on.
 We had dinner and as a treat I bought an Strawberry Cheesecake for his pudding. To be honest I think I am going back to my childhood for I told him to close his eyes and I bought out the cheesecake. I do try to keep the pudding a secret if I can. needless to say he was very happy and he had a second helping which is normal for the puddings I make. In fact he had almost half of the cheesecake. I managed to finish it off today.
 This morning my mate came and I went out to see his Partner to see if she wanted to come inside but she told me she was not too good with trouble which I know a lot about. My mate gave me the Flora Proactive and then went out to see what I had done. I than asked him if it passed muster and he told me that the floor would probably outlast the rest of the shed. Anyway with him calling I had planned to go to get my haircut but it will be Wednesday now, tomorrow is Auction day and no room will be available at the Car Park which is FREE. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment