Wednesday 16 May 2018

Tired

Yesterday I was too tired to go Online after helping the Lad next door yesterday afternoon.
 I told you about my Sisters visiting me recently but what I didn't mention was my younger Sister went to the Supermarket, I will not divulge the name but there was on offer at a reduced price some Stewing Steak, they were getting near the sell by date but had a couple of days before the sell by date was reached. She decided to get a couple of packs. I can't remember if it was 500 or 800 gramme packs, I think it was 800. When she got home she decided to split the packs into 3 so that she could freeze them. As my Sister is precise she got out the scales and worked out precisely how much each pack  would hold making them all equal. When she weighed the last pack she found that it was not the same as the other 2 so she checked the weight on the original cartons and weighed the combined meat and found that it was short. She decided to contact Customers Service and she explained the weight was short. At first the guy on the other end was apologetic and asked for all details which she gave. Then she let him know what had happened. She informed him that she had worked on an assembly line producing meals and let him know that the weight on the production line had been set too low. She told him that normally if the nett weight should be 500 grammes the weight on the line  should be a fraction higher and any that was below that weight would be rejected. He then said to her that someone would contact her.
 It was a couple of weeks later that she received a letter thanking her for the news and they had contacted the suppliers and had rectifed the discrepancy and if she took the letter to the Manager of the Store she would get a full refund.
 Off my Sister went to the Supermarket and asked to see the Manager, he was helpful and informed her that a full refund would be given to her but if she was shopping she should give the letter to the checkout girl where the sum would be deducted from the total and if it was more than the total, a refund would be given. She explained to the Manager that there was a 30% discount because the items were getting near the sell by date. He assured her that this made no difference and she would get the full refund on the original price.
 The outcome was that she spent a lot less than the refund so came out with more money than what she went in with. She was well satisfied so I guess the scales will be out regular.
 Finally I had a taste of New Potatoes yesterday, they were small but very nice and tasty, I will post the photos next time I go Online, I also have a couple of cauliflowers ready, my Best pal has just rung up so when he calls I will let him have one of them. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment