Tuesday 29 May 2018

Typical.

It has been typical Bank Holiday weather here on the East Coast, a strong Northerly cool wind and dull in general but no rain yet.
 I went to Lidl this morning to do my shopping and when I got back I was busy taking the goods out of my car when I heard my name called. It was the Man from next door, he is on his own because his Mother and her Partner had gone to Australia for almost a month. I asked hi if he had heard anything from them since they left, he told me he had been in contact and at this moment they were in Sidney. I suggested to him that it would be a lot warmer over there than here. He then told me that yesterday he mowed the field with his overcoat and hat on because it was so cold. This will let you know how cold it can be on the East Coast when the strong winds are off the sea and it is predominantly dull. For the second day we have not even had sign of the sun. Incidentally my Central heating has come 9on early and later I have had my gas fire on. Mind you it has not stopped my new potatoes in the polytunnel grow. I was surprised just ho big some of them are as you can see. This is just off one tubor. I also have several cauliflowers ready or just about ready. That is the trouble with vegetables, especially cauliflowers they all come more or less at the same time and with cauliflowers you can't leave them too long before they bolt. Still it saves me a little money for at this time vegetables are scarce and those available are expensive. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment