Friday 4 May 2018

Fuel Increase

As you can see my Potatoes are doing well in the polytunnel, also the strawberry plants are in flower but they are not as sweet when grown in the polytunnel. You will also notice the broad beans which is called The Sutton, they are supposed to be small but all the plants seem to grow a lot taller when grown under glass or polythene.
 Tomorrow I will go round with the Lad to get his strawberry bed covered in straw. This, hopefully will deter the slugs. Naturally they will be protected from the Blackbirds which really are a menace to most gardeners. The Lad will be staying for dinner so I will get him to do the odd job after we have done his strawberry patch. I intend to let him play once again with the steam cleaner which he enjoyed using it. Later I will allow him to water my polytunnel. I have an old pressure washer and I also have a piece of hose leading from one of my water butts, the largest as it happens. I am sure he will also enjoy doing that.
 The Carer next door came to see me the other day and told me she had asked Social Services if it was alright for the lad to visit me and also take an interest in his little garden. Social Services were all for that saying it was a very good idea for him to have an interest. He certainly is interested especially when things begin to grow. I encourage him to do as much as he can to his garden, but as with most youngsters he is impatient and wants things to be ready today. Anyway tomorrow morning and into the afternoon is spoken for.
 My Sisters are supposed to be visiting me next week. I have been here for over 25 years and my eldest Sister has never been to see me so it will be nice to see them
 I had to go once more to the Surgery this morning. I have never seen anything like it, naturally he was a foreign coloured Doctor but when he greeted each Patient he greeted them with a high hand in the air. He came out of his Consulting Room and pointed to his eyes at the Receptionist so she went to see him. It was so refreshing to see a G.P. with a smile on his face. Lwt us hope that everyone has a nice rain free bank Holiday. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment