Wednesday 30 January 2013

Hurrah

Well! At last I am online once again, thanks to my mate. Mind you he had trouble with this new windows 8. He managed to get things working though, but not my mail on my preferred  mailbox. Window 8 was not supported by my ISP which incidentally is Plus Net a subsidiary of B.T.
 My mate spent about 75 minutes checking, rechecking and checking again. When he clicked on it stated that the system was not supported by windows 8. Oh well such is life.
 At least I have my webmail from them and as I use gmail I am satisfied.
  Like most since I was offline we have had some bad weather. As I am a little unsteady on my feet, I didn't venture out of my home for 8 days. With one of my chronic illnesses, I lose much of my calcium so my bones are getting brittle so better to be sure than sorry.
 The old, well new computer was dreadful. My mate came originally to clean and reinstall everything but when he came it was impossible for him to get any life out of the machine. The computer was not talking to the monitor at all. The only message I had was on the monitor stating that it was shutting down to save power. He was sure surprised, I was actually pleased because he had seen for himself just a little of the problems I had with the machine.
 Anyway he took it back to the chain store and went online to get this computer. It is a Compaq. If both of us had had our own way we would have had windows 7 but this was the very latest. My mate did tell me that his Brother had windows 8 on his new computer and had warned him that it was totally different to everything before. He was sure right about that. At least we had been forewarned. Windows 8 is really designed for a mouseless key with a touch screen . This will do me though. I will keep trying I am sure I will get the hang of it all. The new mouse is very sensitive to the touch, not so good for my heavy hand. Anyway more soon. By the way I am glad to be back, thanks to my mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment